Notes for VeggiesVolunteers assisting with mail order.
You could help us to …
- Add new items to online shop
- Update product info on website
- Pack & dispatch orders
Orders are received from the website, arriving in our GreenNet mailbox.
- search for any part of the Subject: “Notification of Payment Received”
Gather together the items required:
- Books from book stall at Sumac, or in the VeggiesVan or trailer
- Burger mixes – mail order specials are bagged to order, or stored separately
- Nuclear Power, No Thanks Stickers in office & bookstall
- Veg1 Vitamins & Zapatista Coffee from ‘tuck shop’ stores
Pack goods in appropriate reused envelope from cabinet in office
- mixes in jiffy bag; vitamins rolled in A5 envelope (check that weight is below 100g)
- blank labels in office, compliments slip & return address sticker on office shelf.
- include ‘Info on Veggies’, tour dates and other appropriate literature such as campaign or event fliers (possibly related to customer’s address).
Check weight, seal package and fix appropriate postage
- digital scales in kitchen; stamps & postage rates info hang on office shelving
Rates as at 4th April 2012 – 2nd class unless requested otherwise
- Veggies Mixes 900g or 3x300g – 1kg packet – £3.15
- Nuclear Power Stickers, up to 10 – standard 100g letter – 36p
- Scoffers: 35g – 1 or 2 – standard 100g letter -36p
… 3-5 Scoffers – 250g large letter – 92p (2 x 46p/’first’)
- Veg1 Vitamins: 86g – 1:£1.33 (large 1st + large 2nd)
… 2 x vitamins – £1.72
… 3 – 5 vitamins – £2.16
… 6 – 8 vitamins – £2.61
- Vegan Views book: 447g large letter – £1.23
Reply to email orders to say “Thanks” and “Goods are on their way”
bcc reply to Pat, or whoever is looking after the accounts
Move original message to ‘mail order completed’ folder
Take package to Post Office before 5.15pm