These are some of the tasks on this week’s to-do list
Use end date rather than start date for home page diary listing
Find hemp flour supplier.
Update our details at foodnotbombs.net
Thanks donors for new computer.
Order Rebel Kitchen Milks.
Sort out additional campaign funding / workshops / tickets
Lush funding for Field kitchen
Research Vegan Guide to Glasto & milk supplies for all participating stalls
Seek nominated supplier goods-in-kind product sponsors for London Vegan Fest
Check out HannahBananaBakery @HanBanBakery All Vegan Bakery
Find someone to take, type & circulate notes from Crew Meeting.
Also to circulate potential agenda items before & seek input by email
www.essex.veginfo.org.uk is gone. Find other ‘other sandwich ideas’
Renew Viva! subscription.
Create a Nottingham Discount list for Viva!, Animal Aid, VegSoc & Vegan Soc.
Convert to Life family memberships for these when funds allow.
Patch roof of shipping store
Olive oil from IC Discount or the Brothers.
… Hellenic extra virgin cold press => £5.60/ltr
Unravel, clear & pack away Badger Marquee. Order new marquee.
Move, clean, paint, refurbish small white catering trailer.
Sumac Community Food Garden: de-pave for lawn, create mobile salad/herb garden, herb wall?
… Send details to Vegan Mag, VON, VeggiesNottm
(When de-paving also cut through walkway in void)
Jet wash shipping store door ready for street artist to paint with welcome sign.
Plumber to reroute kitchen pipes.
Electrician to strip out redundant wiring
… permanent lighting in kitchen food store area
… fix sockets for freezers, microwave etc
… reroute fire alarm to side of exit door
… install main alarm system
Fix VegCom Accommodation Noticeboard (tell Lynn Taylor)
Print weekly Sumac Events listing for Screaming Carrot
Measure & design 30th Anniversary Banners for trailer and for Van/Marquee
Design ’30th Anniversary’ sticker & Glastonbury tickers
End of year accounts
bank, paypal, cash accounts
George van fuel costs
Comprehensive ethical/cost review of products/ingredients.
Update master copy of stock/price list; annual stock-take.
Update Ethical ratings of milks on product info pages
26th April: World Day for Animals in Labs
2nd-5th May: Ashleyhay Festival – Email, Confirm crew, twitter
ALSO 2nd-5th May: Luddites 200 Gathering – Sign-up, Crew, twitter
Sun 17 May: Manchester Vegan Fair booked, goodiebag scoffers, Sign-Up, VeggiesNottm email, twitter, facebook, crew
Sun 18 May: Nottingham Green Festival DATE LIKELY TO BE POSTPONED
Sat 24th May: March Against Monsanto. Informal option – demo in Market Square
Sat/Sun 31st May: Belper Goes Green: Check confirmed, sign-up, facebook, crew
14th June: Confirm marquee hire for Craig and Lu wedding in Derbyshire
14th June: Picnic in the Park, Loughborough.
July Sun 6th or 13th: Sumac Craft Fair.
Sat 12 July: Bakewell Green Festival.
Booking confirmed, diary, sign-up, email, twitter, facebook, crew
Sun 13 July: Bark in the Park. email, twitter
… Hope Pastures contacted re possible clash of date.
18-20 July: Peace in the Park, Oxford. sign-up, twitter, email
Also: 19/20 + 26/27 July: Goddess Camp on 2 w/ends. twitter, email, facebook
24-27 July: Animal Rights Gathering. Arrange Planning meeting
24 – 27 July: Northern Green Gathering, during Goddess Camp & AR Gathering
Sun 20 July:
Splendour – No
21-25 Aug: Shambala: Pat attending as cafe consultant!
13 Sept: Northern Vegan Festival, Blackpool
Sat/Sun 27/28 Sept: Vegfest UK London
2nd or 9th Nov: North East Vegan Fest – Tweet dates when confirmed; then decide if catering.
22nd Nov: Michelle’s 30th Birthday in Pinner
Easter 2015: British Juggling Convention
After the event:
Pack away food & equipment after weekend events
Send out thanks to crew & seek feedback
Plan next event:
Create sign-up & find crew
Check food store stock
Order / Collect samosas
Order / collect Veg
Order / collect Screaming Carrot goods
… note collection of 2kg white flour
… Update ingredients lists on point of sale stickers etc.
Other Events on Vegan Outreach / Sumac Diary / AR Calendar
Check status of Green Garden Cafe weekly cafe
Find Sumac/Veggies/NottMAR reps to liaise with Nottm-Veg/Vegan-Meetup
Redesign Veggies home page.
Install GSpeech plugin
Make Events column more prominent.
Move gallery in place of the static image top left, so that news & events columns move top right. Seek suggestions for news images for the gallery /about/gallery/. eg see slide show & graphic menu icons at Viva website.
Check Event Shelter repairs after Brinsley
Sort out badger camp Marquee and pots&pans & return A.T. equipment
Order replacement marquee
Process mail orders for zapatista coffee, NPNT stickers, mixes, vitamins etc.
Publish burger press + mix + scoffer offer on Veggies Shop.
Post Active Distro book delivery details at book-stall-library/
Collate/supply Veggies Scoffers to Vegan Campaigns & Active Distribution
Find place to send donation from sale of 2 x ‘Behind the Mask’
Check/forward Vegfam & Stop the Cull donations
Review Paypal payments – update onto Quicken Records
Fit replacement food processor part.
Replace 2oz burger former.
Lush Derby request Veggies leaflets
- Edit info/diary flier to include Veggies/Lush connection
Compile/circulate report on subscriptions & campaign contributions.
Reorganise & maintain equipment stores.
Reorganise & maintain office.
Set up additional Office computer / workstation.
Consider Basic PAYE Tools from HRMC, to help you run payroll
- Back up computer. Check status of McAfee or other security software.
- Check p.a.t test for cables and cookers etc
- Check extinguishers
- Check First Aid Kits
Coordinate & update this tasks list
Sort out drop kerb, disabled bay etc for Beech Avenue entrance.
Tasks from recent Sumac Meeting that you may be able to help with:
- Chris to draw up a map of the garden plot
- D. to print off and put up statement about the Sumac and young people
- J. to contact female DV survivors again, about using the Sumac as a meeting space
- D. to make laminated ‘Private meeting’ signs for groups using the Sumac
- Residents and finance group to meet and discuss rent and bills
- Tom & Abdul to make a ‘to do’ list for the yard
- Pat to speak to Abdul about young people’s involvement in the fox graffiti project
- Kate to rationalise Sumac post-boxes
- Trayen and Rosie to carry on with mural work
- Cake baking
- Freezer service production
- Bulk burger / sosage mixes
- Clearing up after everyone!
Maintains Kitchen equipment
Recipes: writing, updating, filing
Liaise with event organisers
Event suppliers: Screaming Carrot, Lembas, Bombay, L&M, Hand Made Bakery
Production Suppliers: Do-It (TVP/wholefoods) Morning Foods, Dickens, Azelis, Catermix
Maintain Computer Printer, Risograph & CPR paper stock
Accounts: Book-keeping, Quicken, Paypal, banking, payments, annual accounts
Facilitate & forward donations received via website
Van management / driver
- identify mechanic / crew alongside each task by 30th Jan
- Schedule essential work for MOT – due March 21st
- schedule to complete other van tasks by March 31st
Event crew coordination
- Create sign-ups for events by Thurs 23rd Jan.
- catch up with backlog and then stay on top of.
- identify role for recruitment & write job spec – slipped to 13th Feb
- recruit one person to do it (end of Jan’14) – slipped to 13th Feb
- Set up food hygiene training for Chrissy, Dean & other key crew.
… inc kitchen food safety folder.
- monitor incoming donation
- identify next fund-raising opportunity
- Review go-fund-me / sab donations
- Check email
- Dispatch orders from webshop
- check Voicemail
- de-filing redundant papers from office/void
- Transport to events
- Print & design at Veggies/CPR printshop
- Auction monitoring & purchases
- Computer tech, security, backups
- Trailer / van infrastructure. Driver.
- Solar / 12v electrics, in house, on the road & in the fields!
- Repairs, maintenance, locks. eg cut copy of trailer key, mount tea cabinet
- Hackspace liaison
Following the unfortunate clutch failure en route to the “Free the Primates” demo in December the van is now back on the road. The cost was £618
As the van has done 198,000 miles, and 32,000 miles since we got 6 years ago, it is scheduled for a complete refurbishment by the end of March. We have assessed that it is more cost effective and ecologically benign to get another 6 years from this van, which has served us well, rather than buying a ‘new’ one.
You can help keep Veggies on the road with a small donation…