Hello from all of us here at Veggies HQ.
We are now well settled at our permanent home at Nottingham’s Sumac Centre and are looking forward to many more years of vegan catering, campaigning and fund-raising.
We continue to cater and campaign for a huge range of groups on many diverse issues, thanks to the support of many people who come with us to events or who help behind the scenes at our Nottingham base.
Please take a look at the events diary.
The events at which we are catering are marked ‘Food by Veggies‘.
Events from many other like-minded groups are also shown for your information and general support. The diary is updated regularly and you can subscribe to an (approximately) weekly email reminder of forthcoming events: subscribe here.
To keep updated with recent announcements follow us on Twitter.
Advantages of joining Veggies Crew
- You get free burgers and transport to many great events.
- You get to jump the queue.
- You might get your tea made for you personally by Ronny, who claims to be The Best Tea-Maker In The World.
- Everybody on demos loves you (especially in the middle of a field in the depths of winter).
- You get to meet all the interesting weirdos at festivals. At 3am.
- The police treat you with respect and dignity, and let you go where you like on demos (well ok, not quite).
- You get that excellent ‘teamwork buzz thing’.
Join our team
If you are interested in helping us at events, or any other way, please copy the following onto the contact form.
- Address/Post Code
- Phone / Mobile No.
- E-mail Address
- Events of interest
- Experience (none needed); availability; travel-ability; etc.
- Interests; Veggie/veganness; Campaigns supported …
- Comments …
General help & support
In addition to any offer of help that we receive, we have an ongoing list below of particular help that we are looking for – all offers of help are very welcome.
- Graphic Design Work for leaflets, web design, newsletters etc
- Street collection fundraisers in and around Nottingham
- Day care for our volunteers companion animals whilst they are out campaigning
- Entertainment organisers
- Video and photography work
- Awareness stalls on the street, in shops and at events
- A person with successful funding application experience
- General duties
For over 20 years we have been a valued networking point for some 7000 contacts, working for animal rights and welfare, as well as those working to protect people worldwide and the environment which we share with them.
Our directory currently being completely recompiled as an interactive web resource, allowing groups to add and update their own listings and facilitating improved networking between those with common interests. It will later again be published in print for those without internet access.
Groups and contacts are invited and encouraged to add their details to Veggies Networking Directory.
You can help by adding details of any other groups that you support.
Together with members of Nottingham Animal Rights, the Vegan Society, Animal Aid, the Vegetarian Society, Viva! and more our campaigns team organises and supports many activities, including Vegan Free Food Givaways (and associated cookery skillshares), the East Midlands Vegan Festival, the Vegan Beer Festival, People’s Kitchen community meals at the Sumac Centre, the Vegan Guide to Nottingham and more.
If you live near the Sumac Centre in Nottingham, you might like to be involved with running other projects based there, including the social club/bar, the Sumac Cafe, the gardening project or the many other activities.
Vegfam and Movement for Compassionate Living
Whenever possible we feature the publications of the Movement for Compassionate Living, which we print and distribute to promote simple living and vegan self-reliance as a remedy to the exploitation of humans, animals and the Earth.
We also support our nominated charity, Vegfam, ‘Feeding the hungry without exploiting animals’.
If you can help us support either of these projects at any event, whilst we are busy with Veggies catering, please contact us.
Community Print Workshop
CPR is a collectively managed print workshop and resource centre, a real life-line for Nottm’s campaign community.
If you are interested in helping a D-i-Y volunteer-run printing press, ideal for mid to long-runs of campaign fliers, posters, booklets and ‘zines, please contact c/o Veggies.
Contact us via our contact page.
This page has the following sub pages: