Work in progress
Experienced PHP programmers are invited to send advice on the tasks marked * to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Import remaining events from old ARCalendar for May - December
set up email addresses to be spam-filtered
link graphics to their original source
List from today's date, allowing ongoing events, eg all-month
Fix 'list from' date to use 'current_date' function
Program link to additional page or pop-up for extended event info.
Circulate subscribers to request comments on work so far
Refine contact details
Program end date for events running for more than 1 day
Start-to-End dates in header on PrintView for month-long events
Fix monthly link menu
Design format for unconfirmed events
Link headers to PrintView page
Link external event links, and show address, in PrintView
Include EventRepetition details for regular events
Repeat details for Annual events on PrintView header
Fix WebAddress link to accept 'www' as well as 'http'
Regular events header only, linked to full details on PrintView
Move to final location: www.veggies.org.uk/arc.php
Optimise code for faster loading
Feedback form, for user feedback on layout, listing preferences and gliches.
Redesign 'add-a-date' form
- Program data input from 'add-a-date' form
Flag events added or amended since last ArcNews calendar
'Next 30-days' default listing, with options for 'FullList' and 'QuickList'
- * Roll forward repeated events -
done for weekly & annual events,
date function needed for monthly events
Advise subscribers to update bookmarks
- Edit, Print & 'Email to a friend' buttons on PrintView (eg:Covance)
- Add facility to 'comment on this event'
- Confirmation email to submitting user and to organising group
- * Set up user registration for input directly to calendar
- * Learn about Null / Not Null data types
- * Find out about default settings, eg for ImageSize & Location
- Listing option for multiple inclusion of regular events
- Program the print options (listed in section above)
- Convert Local Group Meetings section to interactive format.
- Convert Regular Events section to interactive format.
- Program map links from post-code
- * Set up open access to php code
- * Find out how to create 'a href' links from email and www addresses in text fields
- * Find plug-in calendar to click and insert required dates
- Transfer subscribers mailing list to php/mySQL, with option for 'all announcements', 'selected announcement' or by-weekly digest
- Automate dispatch of subscriber announcements
Set up hit counter & check old one. Check GreenNet stats for visits to old calendar.
- SecureGiving facility for donations to running costs.
- Refine data format to facilitate interchange with other campaign calendars.
Compilers of other calendars - please get in touch
- Log browser and operating system info for alternative browser coding.
- * Reprogram as necessary to fix features that do not work in non-micro$oft browsers, eg Mozilla / Netscape, and non-windows systems, eg Linux.
- Learn to do all the above, then start all over to set up Animal Contacts Directory as a dynamic website database, in time for the Spring 2005 publication date of the next 5000 entry, 200 page directory!!
- Link & import contact details from Animal Contacts Directory, when available.