Chocolate Sponge Cakes
(Recipes from the 'Cake Scoffer', by Veggies volunteer, Ronny - you can buy it from us.)
Chocolate Banana Cake
To be really ethical, use fairly-traded cocoa and bananas.
1. Pre heat oven to gas
2. Mix the first four ingredients together. Add the rest of the ingredients and thoroughly mix.
3. Pour mixture into two greased 8 inch round tins and bake for 40 mins. Leave to cool in tins. Alternatively put all the mixture into one tin and carefully slice in half when cool.
Sandwich halves together
Fudge Topping or Filling Stuff
1. Melt marg over a very
gentle heat, then add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Leave to cool.
2. Beat until stiff with an electric mixer or a whisk. Use to sandwich the two cake halves together, then spread some more over the top, or use it all in the middle of the cake and top with chocolate icing.
June's Chocolate Orange Cake
1. Put the oil, water and
sugar in a pan and warm gently, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool.
2. Mix with dry ingredients then pour into a greased 8 inch tin and bake at gas mark 5 (190 C). Check after half an hour. It will probably need longer.
3. Cover with foil and leave to cool in the tin, then ice with chocolate orange icing. For a total scoffing experience, cut in half and spread with the fudge filling from the chocolate banana cake recipe above.
These recipes may be freely circulated, but please credit Veggies.