THE SUMAC CAFÉ
Saturday: 6.30pm - People's Kitchen meal
Meals for special events too, including
Some Sundays - details on the Sumac Diary
Our community café offers a range of delicious meals, snacks and refreshments
at very reasonable prices, in a friendly and pleasant environment.
on the menu include:
- Filling meals Freshly-made daily, where possible using locally grown
and/or organic ingredients.
Recent menus have included:
- Fajitas with salsa and potato wedges
- Spicy Bean Stew, Parsnip Scones and Salad, with Apple Crumble for desert
- Bangers and Mash with gravy
- Chilli and Apple Crumble & Custard
- Hearty Irish stew, with greens and home-made soda bread.
- Home-baked cakes, ice cream and special desserts
- Children's meals kiddy sized portions available.
- Drinks All-organic Tea, Fair-Trade Coffee, Soya Drinks, Pure Fruit Juices.
Peoples Kitchen meals are great value delicious meals cooked by a volunteer chef and served in a relaxed early-evening
atmosphere. A fantastic way to begin your Saturday night!
All food and drink served in the café is of course completely vegan and is therefore suitable for all diets and cultures.
Whether you're after a quick snack or something more substantial, give it a try.
Volunteers are urgently needed to help in our café!