Veggies is volunteer-led, a community-based, social enterprise, promoting vegan catering and supporting campaigns for humans, other animals and the environment since 1984.
We continue to cater and campaign for a huge range of groups on many diverse issues, thanks to the support of many people who come with us to events or who help behind the scenes at our Nottingham base.
If you would like to help Veggies, feel free to come to our meeting, or see our Events Diary.
(If other events are running at Sumac we may find space elsewhere).
There’s no better way to start the festive season than at Brinsley Animal Rescue’s Christmas Open Day.
The sanctuary is run by volunteers and on vegan values, rescuing unwanted pets, injured wildlife and farm animal victims of the meat and dairy industry.
This year we will be having a Christmas open day at the rescue centre, where you can meet the animals and visit our cafe and stalls.
Veggies and others will be providing vegan catering and literature to help compassionate people make the connection between the animals they’re visiting at the rescue and those that end up on their plate.
Come and see the animals, meet Santa, see the many stalls. Admission is £1 for adults and free to children when accompanied by an adult. Dogs on leads welcome.
Read the 2014 review at the Eastwood Advertiser: Crowds Flock to Support Rescued Animals
‘Warning: 12 years to limit climate chaos – share skills to save the planet’
Nottingham Green Festival is organised by grass routes community based volunteers, with no statutory funding. The ethical standards and environmental / human / animal rights ethos of the event are long established, having evolved from the pre-history of the Nottingham Peace Festival from which it has grown.
Nottingham’s own Green Festival provides the place for the whole family to learn, explore and try the latest in everything environmentally friendly and ethical, whilst also having lots of fun in the beautiful setting of the Arboretum Park.
Veggies has catered and campaigned at the Green Festival, and the Peace Festival before it, for our entire 35 year history. We were pleased now to be joined by 10 other vegan caterers and other artisan food producers, supporting the events’ new vegan ethos and building on a thirty+ year meat-free policy.
The Green Festival continues to break all records in terms of visitors & stalls.
This will be the 27th Nottingham Green Festival and with your support it will be even bigger & better in 2019.
You are therefore encouraged to support the regular fundraising events and join in with the planning group meetings.
Find full details at www.nottmgreenfest.org.uk/, find us on facebook and follow us on twitter.
Our Summer open day in 2019 will be held on Sunday 8th September.
Brinsley Animal Rescue is dedicated to caring for animals. Our primary mission is to relieve the suffering of animals and birds. We take in sick and injured wildlife and birds, pets and farm animals to rescue them from injury, cruelty, hardship, and neglect.
We ensure they live out the remainder of their natural lives in the optimum physical and psychological comfort. Releasing wild animals and rehoming pets when possible, but always overseeing their care. We have a non destruct policy except when it is in the animals best interest.
We also have a charity ebay store at https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/brinsley_animal_rescue
★★ The UK Vegan Camp-Out 2019 ★★
(Partnered with Viva! – http://www.viva.org.uk)
★ All Ages
★ Activism Workshops
★ Live Music
★ Kids Activities
Price includes camping but people are also more than welcome to go home each night or stay in a nearby hotel. You can also come in a caravan/campervan
If you’re a singer or in a band and want to play please message firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to put on a workshop in our Fitness/Yoga/Health/Meditation tent please message email@example.com
If you have a question that isn’t answered on here please message firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
FACEBOOK GROUP: http://www.facebook.com/groups/277089379359564
LONELIE’S GROUP: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2008238006073769
First and Third Saturday Every Month
Nottingham’s Sneinton Market is a community based local social enterprise. A resource for all the communities in Sneinton, St.Ann’s and the Creative Quarter.
Sneinton Vegan Market is now the established event to regularly celebrate and showcase great tasting vegan food and drink, crafts, animal rescues & other products/services.It is wonderful to see so many committed people in what is a growing movement.
Come join us on the first Saturday of each month for loads of vegan loveliness – and now also on the Third Saturdays!
Sneinton Market say:
“We are looking for VEGAN food traders and all kinds of cruelty free cosmetics, clothing, awareness raising, workshops. Product list must be approved by the market team to ensure the brief is met.”
If you are interested in supporting this market please contact email@example.com
Traders at the Sneinton Vegan Market have included:
This directory is compiled by Veggies Catering Campaign, independently of the market, to support past, present & future vegan traders.
Whilst some of the traders are not (yet) entirely vegan, everything traded at the market is vegan. Vegan traders are marked
For details of the approximately thirty traders on any particular Saturday check out the latest Facebook event.
- A Whole Life A Vegan shop from Rainworth, Mansfield, catering for all your daily needs
- Amala Living Food Raw & cooked vegan foods for markets, events, private catering.
- Bake Off and Pie : purveyors of fine breads & pastries for the good people of Nottingham
- Beccy’s Global Kitchen : Vegetarian and vegan pop-up cafe :
- Besos Food & Drinks : Besos de Oro is a vegan and gluten free ‘cream’ liqueur made from Spanish Brandy & Tigernut Horchata from Valencia :
- Black Star Printshop Custom printed vegan ethical T-shirts, Tote Bags and patches
- Blend : a vegan-friendly coffee lounge at Sneinton Market, for coffee or a glass of wine, great cakes, sandwiches & pastries :
- Blue Barrel Cider : a traditional cider from Sherwood & Summerwood Community Garden
- Brinsley Animal Rescue Animal Rescue run on vegan principles
- Cayenne Cuisine : Spicy street food with a Brum twist :
- Chilli Bobs : a dedicated chilli nursery at Rolleston, Notts, with spice and condiments shop along with own range of pickles and preserves
- Clemie’s Vegan Cakes Pop-up vegan bakery – watch out Notts!
- Cococheesecakes Coconut powered cheesecakes
- Cramcakes – Sweet & savoury pancake stacks. Gooey porridge pots. All gluten free + crammed with goodness :
- Crocus Cafe – vegan and vegetarian community cafe at 18 Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2ES :
- The Crop Club – supporting people to grow their own food at home in small spaces :
- Dash Vegan Gluten-free vegan food store & delivery service :
- Deirdre Westwood Tropic Skin Care Ambassador
- Dr Ice : Natural Organic and Vegan. Beard, Tash, Hair and Skin Care from Nottingham :
- Elia Foods : Top-quality Greek extra virgin olive oil, herbs and spices. Ceased trading in July 2018 :
- Feed Me UK Nottingham-based food stall specialising in fast food. 100% Vegan; attending events from April 2018 :
- Flavors of Africa – Authentic Nigerian Cuisine from Wellingborough (vegetarian, vegan & chicken/turkey)
- For Precious Life : Vegan, raw, gluten free, sugar free, soy free, oil free, chocolate free, gourmet natural food from Warrington :
- Free Spirit : Luxury handcrafted chocolate creations & baked treats, including vegan choices :
- Freshly Spiced : 100% natural Spice Blend recipe kits allowing you to plan your food week, healthy meals packed full of flavour :
- Gedling Herbalist – Medical Herbalist Anke Wellhausen BSc (Hons) MNIMH
- Gillie Food Speciality oriental vegan catering
- Green Revolution A Nottingham based 100% vegan catering company that is all about real food :
- Good Mood Food Rezi Zimsek: “I enjoy cooking vegan food for myself , family & friends. I have now extended this love for cooking & do events locally” :
- Hannah Edge – Nourish Yoga Glow : – Health coach, yoga teacher and essential oil distributor :
- Herbivore Bakery 100% vegan run and owned home bakery. A variety of bakes: sweet, savoury and raw :
- For Precious Life Gourmet natural food for vibrant life. Vegan, raw, gluten free :
- Frack Free Nottingham – Campaign against Unconventional Hydrocarbons (Coal Bed Methane and Shale Gas Fracking) :
- Gluten N Dairy Free Luv – Gluten & dairy free cafe in Nottingham, serving homemade cakes, deserts, Jamaican style hot food & more :
- Inspired by Vegetables – vegetarian & vegan food cooked with love from locally-grown or produced products :
- Iqbal’s Samosas and Pakoras
- It’s Cruelty Free quality products that are cruelty free, vegan & produced in the UK :
- Jack And The Bean – Outdoor veggie / vegan street food inspired caterers. Sister venture of Derby restaurant The Wonky Table :
- The Jam Lady – I make jams, chutneys and marmalades in my kitchen in Carlton, Nottingham. (I also sell Bramcote Moor honey) :
- Jenny Roe – Sugaring Practitioner and Weleda Advisor from East Leake
- Katy Parish Vegan Crafts :
- Keeton’s Caribbean
- Khatti Meethi – Khatti – Meethi provides your special event/day with delicious tasting appetisers!
- Lakeside Ethical Treats Natural, organic, fairtrade vegan sweets and chocolates sold in aid of Midlands Vegan Campaigns :
- Lettices Isle of Wight based vegan cheese, meat & dip makers!
- Lily Jane Freelance Illustrator/artist & designer. Ethical vegan & animal/nature lover :
- Lindsey Whotton – Arbonne Consultant Grantham. Arbonne products are naturally inspired, and scientifically tested :
- Loles Cosmetics Beauty, cosmetic & personal care in Nottingham, United Kingdom :
- Lush Nottingham – Serving Bathtime Realness! Swing by and see us on Clumber Street for all of your LUSH needs!
- Magpie Brewery – Hand crafted real ales, craft keg ales and ciders
Mex It Up – Awesome vegan catering duo, now ‘retired‘ to Bute Island Foods
- Mission Pizza – Award winning mobile wood fired vegetarian & vegan pizza. :
- Monica’s Caribbean Kitchen – an authentic taste of soulful, home-cooked, flavoursome Caribbean foods :
- Moocylu’s Designs Vegan related pins, stickers, and more
- Nice Lolly Co Handmade naturally delicious whole fruit and all natural ice lollies. Cool goodness on a stick. 100% plant based :
- No Baloney UK Eco-conscious vegan friendly mobile caterer offering unique tasty quality home cooked comfort food at reasonable prices
- Nottingham Animal Rights Keep up to date with the groups focuses, events and meetings and find out how you can get involved :
- The Nottingham Soapbox All of our soaps are handmade in a Nottingham kitchen!
- Notts Nibblers Rodent Rescue A small home run rescue, based in Carlton, Nottingham. We take in rodents in need and find them loving homes
- Numinums We are an ethical mobile cafe, using organic, fairly traded, and locally sourced ingredients :
- Pia’s Homestyle Curry and Indian Snacks
- Primary Gardens – Urban horticulture, plants, events, workshops, garden, edible flowers, herbs, urban food growing :
- Punk 4 The Homeless – Feeding starving street children in Latin America, with money raised via the power of punk rock! :
- RawBite UK – The organic fruit and nut bite – now in the UK :
- Raw/Vegan/Unrefined Chocolates by Luisa Guilt free chocolates!
- Recycled Vegan Vegan gifts and accessories made from recycled bicycle inner tubes, tyres and bike parts :
- Roots Kitchen
- SatsumaPips Plant based butter & cheeses from sister company to Satsuma, Chester’s 100% plant-based pop-Up bistro :
- Sauce Shop – Mission: to get people eating better sauce. Ditch the gloopy and bland mainstream for #realsauce :
- Skin Elixir 100% natural, organic, vegan, free from toxins, no added water, hand-blended moisturisers and perfumes :
- Soul Song Therapies & Healing Centre – raw and hot chocolate elixirs
- Stewarts of Trent Bridge – Nottingham Coffee Roasters at Sneinton Market
- Stripey Beetroot – hot & cold catering for all occasions by a small Nottingham-based business
- SUNU KËR natural vegan hair & beauty products & handmade accessories inspired by West Africa
- Superchocs vegan novelty chocolates
- Sweet Vibes Baker Vegan bakes free from refined sugar, animal products & gluten :
- Taylors of Cheshire All products are glutenfree, dairyfree & vegan & all made by hand in Cheshire!
- The Kind Kebab A 100% vegan run pop up business serving vegan kebabs at markets and fairs across the UK :
- This Means Raw Sustainable, Plant Based, Healthy Vegan and Raw Food Catering from Derby :
- Tornado Potato
- Totally Vegan Vegan cafe & caterer from Coventry
- Tropic Skincare with Joanne – Nottingham
- Tropic Vegan Skin Care – Deirdre Westwood, cosmetics and body care
- Truffle Pig Vegan chocolates hand crafted in our home kitchen in Sheffield, from the finest, natural, fairtrade ingredients :
- Twisted Teas – Step into a wonderland of tongue twisting tantalising delights with twisted teas :
- Unless – Hardcore Vegan Catering based in Derby :
- V Delivery Bringing Local Vegan Food And Products To Your Door The Same Day
- The V Spot Vegan Shop (was Bluebird Wholefoods)
- Vegan Cakery award winning cakes from Leicester
- Vegan Grindhouse Vegan gourmet street food and snacks :
- Veg ‘an’ Love 100% vegan homemade food. Mash-topped pies, naan bread pizza, meatball subs & more :
- Vegan Junk 100% vegan junk food based in Nottingham. Estd 2015. Vegan owned :
- Vegan Pizza Co Delicious, hand-stretched, stone baked pizzas using our own innovative meat/dairy-free recipes :
- Veganitis 100% vegan Caribbean influenced home cooked meals, for events and local collection (in Leicester) :
- Veggies Catering Campaign Vegan Campaign Catering since 1984 :
- Verna Poppy Designs Vegan artist
- v:gd Vegan Gluten Free Desserts :
- Vikki Welch, Independent Consultant, Arbonne International
- Vie for Vegan Nottingham based Vegan & Gluten free deliciousness :
- Vork Pie Handmade Vegan and Vegetarian pies and snacks
- Willow and Dove – Handmade Sweet Treats – naturally free from dairy, gluten & egg
- Zymo Foods – Fermented foods produced in Nottingham
- Weleda Wellbeing Advisor Clare Heyting, North Nottinghamshire
- Weleda Wellbeing Advisor Elanor Shaw, Leicestershire
On 31st October, 2015, In advance of World Vegan Day, Sneinton Market held an event to showcase great tasting vegan food. Such was the success that a monthly vegan market was launched on 5th December 2015. With just a couple of breaks when snowed off, Sneinton Vegan Market continues to thrive, and is now held on the first AND third Saturdays of every month.
The Great British EJC is coming to Newark on Trent England in August 2019.
It’s certain to be full of juggley goodness and all things fun. Spread the word and be sure to put it in your diary – 3rd to 11th August 2019. Sign up on our website
to receive our newsletter. Be the first to find out all the news!
Come and join us on Sunday 2nd June 2019 for our Spring Fair.
This year, it will be held at Brinsley Parish hall as we will have maintenance works being carried out at the rescue centre.
Please note the rescue centre will not be open. We will have all our usual stalls and refreshments to help us to raise funds for the charity. Jeff the sheep may make an appearance!
We will have childrens games, merchandise and gifts as well as other charities and stalls.
Entrance fee will be £1.00 with accompanied children free.
An evening of folk stories, poetry and music to raise funds to support Extinction Rebellion actions and
Friday, 31 May at the Canalhouse Bar
Nottingham Animal Rights meetings, every 4 weeks at the Sumac Centre, 245 Gladstone Street, (New Basford / Forest Fields), NG7 6HX, to plan forthcoming campaign activities, usually starting at 8pm.
All welcome – hunt sabs, vegan campaigners, AR activists, people who want to get involved, and people who just want to know more about what we do, including supporters of Animal Aid, Greyhound Action, Hunt Sabs, SHAC, VIVA!, Vegan Society, Vegetarian Society, and the many other groups that we aim to support locally.
In between the meetings at the Sumac Centre there is also a meeting in the city centre. Details of upcoming events and campaigns circulated to our Riseup News List to which you can subscribe. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.