Our friends at CAPS (the Captive Animal Protection Society) have asked us to pass on this opportunity to join their campaigns team:
Campaigns Officer (Full-time)
One of the most exciting and rewarding roles in the CAPS team has become available and we are looking for a dedicated, creative and hard working campaigner to fill the post.
Working with the Director, our supporters, fellow animal protection campaigners and partner organisations, the Campaigns Officer is a pivotal role which covers all areas of our work for captive animals.
Who are we looking for?
The successful Campaigns Officer will be able to demonstrate and give evidence of:
– Experience of working at organisational level within a campaign organisation
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are key requisites
– Experience of writing news releases and campaign materials
– Ability to use database, word processing and e-mail packages
– Enthusiastic and self-motivated and able to work without constant supervision as a member of a small team
– Presentation and public speaking skills and/or experience
– Understanding of, and commitment to, the values of CAPS
– Clear understanding of captive animal issues
– Supporting the general philosophy of animal rights
– Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when required
– Be vegetarian or vegan
– Assisting with researching and writing articles, press releases and campaign materials
– Providing ideas for campaigns and co-ordinating some projects
– Assisting with enquiries from the public, media and others on all areas of our work
– Liaising with local supporters and campaigners
– Giving talks and media interviews when required
– Campaign administration, including dealing with correspondence and filing
– Recruiting and line managing volunteers
– Monitoring the media and responding promptly to new developments
Hours and pay:
The role will be based in our Salford office, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm (37.5 hours per week).>
Salary £15,000 per annum.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack or call 0845 330 3911.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.