These are some of the tasks on this week’s to-do list
Kitchen: food prep sink
Crew Meeting: circulate potential agenda items before & seek input by email
Research ‘GlastoVegan Guide & milk supplies for all participating stalls
Seek nominated supplier goods-in-kind sponsors for Vegan Fests etc.
Check out HannahBananaBakery @HanBanBakery All Vegan Bakery
http://www.essex.veginfo.org.uk is gone. Find other ‘other sandwich ideas’
Renew Viva! subscription.
Create a Nottingham Discount list for Viva!, Animal Aid, VegSoc & Vegan Soc.
Convert to Life family memberships for these when funds allow.
Patch roof of shipping store
Olive oil from IC Discount or the Brothers.
… Hellenic extra virgin cold press => £5.60/ltr
Sumac Community Food Garden: de-pave for lawn, create mobile salad/herb garden, herb wall?
… Send details to Vegan Mag, VON, VeggiesNottm
End of year accounts
Update Ethical ratings of milks on product info pages
After the event:
Pack away food & equipment after weekend events
Send out thanks to crew & seek feedback
Plan next event:
Create sign-up & find crew
Check food store stock
Order / Collect samosas
Order / collect Veg
Order / collect Screaming Carrot goods
… note collection of 2kg white flour
… Update ingredients lists on point of sale stickers etc.
Other Events on Vegan Outreach / Sumac Diary / AR Calendar
Check status of Green Garden Cafe weekly cafe
Find Sumac/Veggies/NottMAR reps to liaise with Nottm-Veg/Vegan-Meetup
Redesign Veggies home page.
Install GSpeech plugin
Make Events column more prominent.
Use end date rather than start date for home page diary listing
Move gallery in place of the static image top left, so that news & events columns move top right. Seek suggestions for news images for the gallery /about/gallery/. eg see slide show & graphic menu icons at Viva website.
Confirm entries on Directory of other caterers.
Add Kind Cakes Mean Bakes, animal-free food stall, to directory/twitter.
Add Sage Green Cuisine, veggie/vegan deli, to directory/twitter.
Update our details at foodnotbombs.net
Check Event Shelter repairs after Brinsley
Sort out badger camp Marquee and pots&pans & return A.T. equipment
Order replacement marquee
Process mail orders for zapatista coffee, NPNT stickers, mixes, vitamins etc.
Publish burger press + mix + scoffer offer on Veggies Shop.
Post Active Distro book delivery details at book-stall-library/
Collate/supply Veggies Scoffers to Vegan Campaigns & Active Distribution
Find place to send donation from sale of 2 x ‘Behind the Mask’
Check/forward Vegfam & Stop the Cull donations
Review Paypal payments – update onto Quicken Records
Fit replacement food processor part.
Replace 2oz burger former.
Lush Derby request Veggies leaflets
– Edit info/diary flier to include Veggies/Lush connection
Compile/circulate report on subscriptions & campaign contributions.
Reorganise & maintain equipment stores.
Reorganise & maintain office.
Set up additional Office computer / workstation.
Consider Basic PAYE Tools from HRMC, to help you run payroll
– Back up computer. Check status of McAfee or other security software.
– Check p.a.t test for cables and cookers etc
– Check extinguishers
– Check First Aid Kits
Coordinate & update this tasks list
Sort out drop kerb, disabled bay etc for Beech Avenue entrance.
Tasks from recent Sumac Meeting that you may be able to help with:
– Chris to draw up a map of the garden plot
– D. to print off and put up statement about the Sumac and young people
– J. to contact female DV survivors again, about using the Sumac as a meeting space
– D. to make laminated ‘Private meeting’ signs for groups using the Sumac
– Residents and finance group to meet and discuss rent and bills
– Tom & Abdul to make a ‘to do’ list for the yard
– Pat to speak to Abdul about young people’s involvement in the fox graffiti project
– Kate to rationalise Sumac post-boxes
– Trayen and Rosie to carry on with mural work
– Cake baking
– Freezer service production
– Bulk burger / sosage mixes
– Clearing up after everyone!
Maintains Kitchen equipment
Recipes: writing, updating, filing
Liaise with event organisers
Event suppliers: Screaming Carrot, Lembas, Bombay, L&M, Hand Made Bakery
Production Suppliers: Do-It (TVP/wholefoods) Morning Foods, Dickens, Azelis, Catermix
Maintain Computer Printer, Risograph & CPR paper stock
Accounts: Book-keeping, Quicken, Paypal, banking, payments, annual accounts
Facilitate & forward donations received via website
Van management / driver
– identify mechanic / crew alongside each task by 30th Jan
– Schedule essential work for MOT – due March 21st
– schedule to complete other van tasks by March 31st
Event crew coordination
– Create sign-ups for events by Thurs 23rd Jan.
– catch up with backlog and then stay on top of.
– identify role for recruitment & write job spec – slipped to 13th Feb
– recruit one person to do it (end of Jan’14) – slipped to 13th Feb
– Set up food hygiene training for Chrissy, Dean & other key crew.
… inc kitchen food safety folder.
– monitor incoming donation
– identify next fund-raising opportunity
– Review go-fund-me / sab donations
– Auction monitoring & purchases
– Computer tech, security, backups
– Trailer / van infrastructure. Driver.
– Solar / 12v electrics, in house, on the road & in the fields!
– Repairs, maintenance, locks. eg cut copy of trailer key, mount tea cabinet
– Hackspace liaison
Following the unfortunate clutch failure en route to the “Free the Primates” demo in December the van is now back on the road. The cost was £618
As the van has done 198,000 miles, and 32,000 miles since we got 6 years ago, it is scheduled for a complete refurbishment by the end of March. We have assessed that it is more cost effective and ecologically benign to get another 6 years from this van, which has served us well, rather than buying a ‘new’ one.
You can help keep Veggies on the road with a small donation…